I have been in practice for over 10 years working with a wide variety of issues and problems. My experience covers stress, depression, low self-esteem, identity and sexuality, anxiety and panic and OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), general trauma, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and dissociation, seasonal affective disorder (SAD), all forms of abuse (sexual abuse, verbal abuse etc), domestic violence, life transitions such as marriage (or separation/divorce), parenthood, redundancy and bereavement, and finding meaning and purpose in life.
As a woman and mother myself I have a special interest in women’s psychological health, particularly in the following:
- The archetypal stages of a woman’s life (maiden, mother (not limited to being an actual mother), enchantress, crone).
- A deeply transformative and transpersonal experience of menstruation, peri-menopause, and menopause.
- Pregnancy and motherhood – what happens to a woman’s identity during this time; fertility issues; perinatal or antenatal depression, postnatal depression and illness; birth trauma (PTSD) and the trauma of losing a baby; whether by miscarriage, still birth, neonatal death or sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).
I completed my Post Graduate Diploma in Transpersonal Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy in 2009 which led to accredited registration with the UKCP and registered membership with the BACP. The Diploma was a four-year part-time training which included 160 hours of personal therapy, at least 550 hours of supervised counselling practice (this involved working for the following voluntary organisations:Woman’s Trust, Caravan Drop In Counselling Service, Fresh Start Psychotherapy), 100 hours at an approved clinical psychiatric placement, and the attendance of four DSM-5 (clinical diagnostic classification of mental disorders) workshops;
- Anxiety and Obsessive Compulsive Disorders.
- Mood Disorders.
- Schizophrenia and Dissociative Disorders.
- Personality disorders.
Prior to my diploma I completed a Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy skills. I also have a BA (Hons) degree in Human Communications (psychology, sociology and linguistics).
Since qualification, and as part of continuing professional development (CPD), I have trained to become a qualified online counsellor and psychotherapist (Certificate in Cyber Therapy) and through this, a professional member of ACTO. I am a certified accredited Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) Practitioner registered with EFT International, an Energy EFT Master Practitioner, and Matrix Reimprinting and Matrix Birth Reimprinting Practitioner.
I am also trained in Multi-Modal CBT, and have undergone specific trauma training with PODS (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors);
- Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice,
- Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery,
- Trauma and the Body: Somatisation and Dissociation,
- Child Sexual Abuse: Hope for Healing,
- Working with Relational Trauma: Dealing with Disorganised Attachment,
and am able to see clients through the whole spectrum of trauma and dissociative disorders. I am a DID (dissociative identity disorder) friendly therapist.
I follow the framework of good practice and ethics for all the professional bodies I am registered with (UKCP, BACP, ACTO, EFT International), and am more than happy to provide proof of professional training and insurance.