How can I help?
I have been in practice for over 10 years working with a wide variety of issues and problems. My experience covers the following:
- Stress, depression and low self-esteem.
- Anxiety, panic and OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder).
- General, relational and complex trauma (inc. post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and dissociative disorders).
- Abuse (sexual, physical, verbal).
- Domestic violence.
- Life transitions (marriage/divorce, parenthood, redundancy, bereavement).
- Finding meaning and purpose in life.
As a woman and mother myself I have a special interest in women’s psychological health, particularly in the following:
- The archetypal stages of a woman’s life (maiden, mother (not limited to being an actual mother), enchantress, crone).
- A deeply transformative and transpersonal experience of menstruation, peri-menopause, and menopause.
- Pregnancy and motherhood – the changes in a woman’s identity; fertility issues; perinatal or antenatal depression; postnatal depression; birth trauma (PTSD), and the trauma of losing a baby.
I completed my Post Graduate Diploma in Transpersonal Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy in 2009 which led to accredited registration with the UKCP and registered membership with the BACP. The Diploma was a four-year part-time course which included 160 hours of personal therapy, at least 550 hours of supervised counselling practice (which involved working for the following voluntary organisations:Woman’s Trust, Caravan Drop In Counselling Service, Fresh Start Psychotherapy), 100 hours at an approved clinical psychiatric placement, and the attendance of four DSM-5 (clinical diagnostic classification of mental disorders) workshops;
- Anxiety and Obsessive Compulsive Disorders.
- Mood Disorders.
- Schizophrenia and Dissociative Disorders.
- Personality disorders.
Prior to my diploma I completed a Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy skills. I also have a BA (Hons) degree in Human Communications (psychology, sociology and linguistics).
Continuing Professional Development
Since qualification, and as part of continuing professional development (CPD), I have trained to become a qualified online counsellor and psychotherapist (Certificate in Cyber Therapy) with the Online Therapy Institute, and through this, a professional member of ACTO.
Emotional Freedom Techniques
I am a certified, accredited Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) practitioner registered with EFT International. Additionally, I am also a MetaTapping Practitioner, and *Matrix Reimprinting and Matrix Birth Reimprinting Practitioner. (*Matrix Reimprinting is an EFT-related therapy).
I have undergone specific trauma training with Carolyn Spring Training (formally PODS);
- Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice.
- Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery.
- Trauma and the Body: Somatisation and Dissociation.
- Child Sexual Abuse: Hope for Healing.
- Working with Relational Trauma: Dealing with Disorganised Attachment.
I’m able to see clients through the whole spectrum of trauma and dissociative disorders, and am a DID (dissociative identity disorder) friendly therapist.
Other courses in trauma include:
- Healing Complex Trauma with an integrative, transpersonal ego state therapy.
- Multi-Modal CBT.
- Certificate in Infant Loss (Foundation for Infant Loss).
- Gestalt and the Transpersonal – Working with the Dreaming Body.